- This event has passed.
East End Babywearing 101 and Socializing
July 14, 2018 @ 1:30 pm - 3:45 pm
[Please note that the elevator is LIKELY still going to be closed for our meeting. If you come with baby in a stroller please being a lock so you can secure it to a bike post outside. We are very sorry if the elevator closure means you will be unable to participate in this event.]
Welcome to Babywearing 101! The goal of these meetings is to get people carrying. Trained educators volunteer their time to give parents and caregivers the skills and confidence to carry their children in comfort and safety.
Meetings are open to all parents and caregivers (and those expecting to become parents or caregivers).
Currently meetings operate on a pay-what-you-can basis, with donations directly supporting CMC’s ongoing activities by allowing us to purchase insurance for our volunteers and carriers for our collection.
How Meetings Work:
- From 1:30 to 2:00, we will have time for people to arrive and socialize. There is no instruction during this time, just getting to know other babywearers in the group.
- From 2:00 to 3:30 we offer babywearing instruction.
- We open with a season-specific reminder about the basics of babywearing safety (Visible and Kissable!).
- Most of the meeting is spent in small groups tailored, as much as possible, to the needs of attendees.
- During small groups we are usually able to teach the basics of front, hip and back carrying using a variety of carriers.
- During this time educators can also assist with fitting and troubleshooting carriers brought by attendees.
- Educators will provide assistance with special carrying circumstances when possible.
How the Carrier Collection Works:
- The CMC carrier collection includes a wide variety of buckle carriers, wraps, meh dai/bei dai, ring slings and other babywearing options.
- The carrier collection will be available to all present to learn with and try on for fit during the meeting, and for our volunteer educators to use for demonstration purposes.